Click here for the attendee conference brochure.
Exhibitors learn more and click here to register today!
MIX'n in Wisco - Hands-on Mixed Dentition Orthodontics
As primary care providers of orthodontics and pediatric dentistry all of us prefer to base our treatments on evidence based principles. We yield to that obligation. As professionals we strive to provide accurate information to parents whose children present with occlusal relationships that, if left untreated, may lead to conditions that can be both unattractive, dysfunctional and become more severe.
The seminar will feature “selections from the following topics”:
- What are the potential consequences of advising to not treat the anterior and/or posterior cross-bite and wait until all the permanent teeth are in occlusion and what is the best time to correct these problems?
- What evidence exists for Class 2 treatment timing and what are some of the evidence based treatment options
- What evidence exists for Class 3 treatment timing and what are some of the evidence based treatment options
- Which patients have the highest relapse potentials; what factors are responsible for the relapse and what can be done about that risk?
- Prior to treatment, which specific orthodontic records and informed consent forms are needed?
Gerald S. Samson, DDS
Diplomat of The American Board of Orthodontics (ABO)
Fellow of The American College of Dentists (FACD)
Described as an educational entertainer, Gerry Samson completed pediatric dental residency at Emory University in 1979 under the direction of Dr. Ed Hibbard and orthodontics at Northwestern University in 1981 under the direction of Dr. Hal Perry. Since that time Gerry has been in private orthodontic practice, is a Diplomat of The American Board of Orthodontics and a Fellow of The American College of Dentists. In addition to orthodontic private practice, Dr. Samson holds formal faculty appointments at 8 postgraduate programs, lectures extensively and reviews orthodontic mechanics articles submitted for publication to The Angle Orthodontist. He was the invited guest Co-Editor of Seminars In Orthodontics: “Age Appropriate Orthodontics”, March and June, 2014
Gerry offers meaty clinical presentations spiced with a blend of biting wit, edgy humor, and substantially sauced with evidenced based literature. Gerry’s zany, brainy and engaging methods have made him one of today’s most popular educators. Participants are certain to enjoy a unique educational, clinical experience that is both informative and motivating.
Contact the Hampton Inn by phone at 920-437-5900 to reserve your room today! Indicate you are booking as part of group block WI Society of Orthodontists.
Thursday, October 12, 2017
Friday, September 22, 2017