Friday, October 4th, 2019
Wilderness Hotel and Golf Resort - Glacier Canyon Lodge
Wisconsin Dells, WI
Click Here for the brochure
Featuring Dr. James Miller
"Case-Based Tactics in Passive Self-Ligation, Esthetics, the Doctor / Patient Relationship and More"
James Miller, DDS, MS is a board certified (ABO) orthodontist at Advances in Orthodontics in Golden Valley, MN. He is an Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor at the Division of Orthodontics, University of Minnesota which is a critical access provider clinic to an undeserved patient population. He has given over 70 invited lecture presentations locally, regionally, and nationally on the topic of facial proportions, Passive Self-Ligation mechanics, smile esthetics, skeletal anchorage, alveolar bone biology, accelerated tooth movement, informed consent and other orthodontic topics. He has authored original research or case reports in orthodontics, temporary anchorage devices, informed consent, the doctor-patient relationship, microbiology, bone biology, digital models and muscular dystrophy. Dr. Miller is married to a pediatric dentist and has four young children ages 7 - 12. He has been using Insignia and the Damon System for the past six years.
Dr. Miller will lead a(n):
- Action case-based and didactic presentation using facial-driven treatment planning strategies combined with academic research.
- Discussion on case-based passive self-ligation minimally invasive treatment techniques designed to maximize esthetics and function for patients.
- Demonstration on protocols for indirect bonding (both in-house and computer-aided Insignia®) protocols.
- Conversation on clinical decision-making based on research and experience to codify the treatment
- planning process and achieve the best esthetics and function for patients.
- Discussion on informed consent and the doctor-patient relationship for children, adults and patients with special needs.
- Discussion on skeletal anchorage, the regional acceleratory phenomenon, orthognathic surgery,
- bone biology, whole and partial mouth reconstructions, and interdisciplinary treatment for patients with complex cases.
- Conversation on diode laser therapy, enamel re-contouring and performing simple in-house restorations to deliver the best esthetics for patients.
(subject to change)
**This course is offered for up to 5 C.E./Credit Hours**
Thursday, October 3
5:30-7:00 p.m. - Vendor Set-Up
5:30-7:00 p.m. - WSO Board Meeting
Friday, October 4
7:00-7:30 a.m. - Vendor Set-Up
7:30-8:00 a.m. - Continental Breakfast/Visit Exhibits
8:00-9:30 a.m. - Presentation: Case-Based Tactics in Passive Self-Ligation, Esthetics, the Doctor/Patient Relationship and More
9:30-10:00 a.m. - Break to Visit Exhibit
10:00-11:30 a.m. - Presentation continued...
11:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - Vendor Showcase - Mini Presentations
12:00-1:00 p.m. - Lunch & WSO Business Meeting
1:00-2:00 p.m. - Presentation continued...
2:00-2:30 p.m. - Final Break with Exhibitors
2:30-3:30 p.m. - Presentation continued...
3:30 p.m. - Adjourn
REGISTRATION FEES AND POLICIES:
Registration fees include all sessions, conference materials, conference meals and breaks.
- WSO Member........Complimentary
- AAO members (not from WI).......$175
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Registration deadline is September 13, 2019. Registrations received after September 13, 2019 will be processed onsite.
- Cancellations must be received at the WSO office on or before September 13, 2019. No refunds will be given after September 13, 2019. Refunds will not be given for no-shows.
Contact the Glacier Canyon Lodge by phone at 800-867-9453 to reserve your room today! Indicate you are booking as part of group block for the WI Society of Orthodontists #749474.
Room Rates: $109/night
Reservation deadline: September 3, 2019
Glacier Canyon Lodge - Wilderness Resort
511 E Adams St
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
If you have questions regarding the WSO Conference, please contact the WSO office at 920-560-5626 or firstname.lastname@example.org.